Thursday 3 March 2011

Statement of Intent

Intensions/purpose of the photography to be undertaken.
My aim is to photograph wildlife in its natural habitat without disturbing any of the subjects that i work with.I will also do some macro work at home or in a studio if  for any reason i can not get out.Having been interested in Wildlife documentries i now want to explore for myself by researching proffesional photographers work and then having a go myself .I have started researching Guy Edwardes who's book titled 100 ways to take better wildlife photographs goes into the detail of how he shot the photo's in the way i can follow.
THE EQUIPMENT THAT I USE.
All my kit can be seen on my blog titled My trusty gear.
Techniques to be used.
All techniques that i use are all relevant to the work i am doing.ie i could be hidden in a hide sitting patiently or i could be stalking up on Animals or Birds depending on the subject and the terain  i am in.
Lighting
Lighting plays a very important part of my work as with wildlife i do not want to put any stress on any of my subjects so if i can get away without useing a flash i will.
 When doing my macro though lighting is usually a must and i use a Nikon speed light 600 either directly onto the image or i defuse the light or bounce the light of ceilings and walls.
Safety considerations
Safety is paramount in any passtime or profesion and so by asking the relivant bodies in the area you are going is a must as not to interfear with any endangerd wild life of even your own saftey

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    This has enable both you and me to see whats going on and how you are going to do it.
    The labels I can help you with, please visit the tutor site that you are linked to as it will help you to work on task better.
    The self tracking of labels will help you to know where you are within the course and what areas need attention as you progress.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I am looking forward to seeing your latest images from your last shoot. Can you upload them as soon as possible so I can see what you have been up to.
    And bring in the short eared owl pics so I can see how the other images compare to the ones you have blogged about

    Steve

    ReplyDelete